Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gold Shoes // DIY

If you ask me, these are some of the sweetest kicks around.

It's like having 24K gold feet. But without paying for actual 24K gold feet.

So feel free to start calling me Midas.


Side note: I have a funny story about "kicks"...that song Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People? 
When I first heard that song, I thought they were saying, "all the other kids with the pumped up kickstands" when really they were saying, "all the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run..."
Whoops.



Also, Imma give credit where credit is so rightfully due - go check out Allison's fantastic blog and tutorial where I got the idea for this!


Read on to learn how to make these super fly kicks!


SUPPLIES
-tennis shoes that you want to goldify
-paintbrush
-Liquid Gold Leaf
-gold acrylic paint
-painter's tape (optional)
-waterproof clear acrylic spray paint (also optional but highly recommended)

The shoes before:

Liquid leaf:
(Tip: It looks like a really small jar, but trust me it goes a LONG way! I painted both shoes with two coats each, plus had over half of the jar left!)

HOW

1. After removing the laces and taping off the soles with painter's tape, paint your shoes with gold acrylic paint.

2. Next, paint the shoes with the liquid gold leaf. This stuff is seriously the bomb. I'm considering painting all of my belongings with it.

3. Allow to dry overnight.

4. Give the shoes a few very light coats of clear acrylic spray paint to seal them up.

5. Relace, wear, enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools."
-Ecclesiastes 7:9

Have a great week, lovelies!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. love these! that color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have diy shoes tutorials? Making shows from scratch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    สเปรย์ กันน้ำ

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.